03 August 2008

"Dewey" wins the 2008 Hambletonian.

After spending a couple days covering the harness racehorse, Deweycheatumnhowe earlier in the week, it was good to get the assignment for the 83rd. running of the $1.5 Million Hambletonian at the Meadowlands Racetrack in East Rutherford, NJ yesterday. It was long & tiring day, with ugly rain showers before the feature race, which drenched one of my remote cameras. With the help of a hard working assistant, we were able to come up with a few different looks from the race, and I'm pretty happy with the results. *(Note: It was kind of special to work a race like this and continue the coverage of heavily favored Deweycheatumnhowe, as this is one of the tracks my mother took me to as a kid. I remember making some of my first bets here when I was finally of age, years ago.) Here's a quick look at the day. Enjoy. -cg.


*(Use the arrows at the bottom of the player or click the image to scroll forward through the slideshow. Enable full screen viewing by clicking the 4-way arrow icon above the credits button at lower right of the player. )

No comments:

Post a Comment