30 April 2011

Black Bear cub sighting at midnight. 30•April•11

Another late night phone call from my reporter colleague on the scene, and I found myself out on the streets again after midnight, this time photographing a Black Bear cub only a few blocks from my home. Well, I'm sure one doesn't see this kind of thing everyday... ~cg.

A Black Bear cub kept Newburgh Police and other law enforcement officers at bay for several hours in Newburgh, NY on Saturday, April 30, 2011. It is believed the cub wandered north from the Cornwall and West Point areas, seeking food and became disoriented in a neighborhood near The Foundry Condominiums. The animal was eventually tranquilized and safely removed from the area at approximately 2:30AM. CHET GORDON/Times Herald-Record

No comments:

Post a Comment