11 November 2010

Veteran's Day.

"Fox" Battery. 2nd. Battalion / 12th. Marines. Okinawa, Japan. (circa 1986).*Yours truly standing @ second row - second from right. M-198 Howitzer F 2/12 Battery, Fire Direction Controlman. (0844)
Today is Veteran's Day. Yesterday was the United States Marine Corps' 235th. birthday. With all the happenings in the world today & in my career, it's hard to sometimes believe it's been more than 20 years ago when I proudly wore the uniform of the USMC. Being a Marine changed my life, and quite honestly, has had a lot to do with who I am each & every day. I think of my fellow Marines often..."Semper fi." -cg.

MCRD. San Diego, CA July 2004.

SAN DIEGO, CA. USMC Recruit Depot. Paying my respects to the Marines who've passed thru MCRD (Marine Corps Recruit Depot) "Boot Camp" in San Diego by touching the infamous "grinder" or parade deck while on vacation thru southern CA. I wet thru Parris Island, SC. 2nd. Battalion Platoon 2015. 16 Nov. 82 - 8 Feb. 83 "Ooh-rah!! ~cg.

No comments:

Post a Comment