06 January 2009

Brain surgery. Poughkeepsie, NY. 1•05•09

My friend and colleague photographer Daniel Morel recuperating in his room at Vassar Brothers Medical Center in Poughkeepsie, NY on Monday, January 5, 2009.
Morel had a brain tumor removed on Christmas Eve. I've known Daniel for 15 years or so, since we first met on my first international shooting mission to his native Haiti back in 1993. He's going to write about his whole experience here once he's released, as he kept his Canon 5D with him the whole time through his ordeal in the ambulance ride to the hospital, surgery, and now recovery.
He's got an incredible story to tell from a personal perspective.
Stay tuned.



With Daniel in my NY apt. while editing his Haiti work & portfolio back in May 2007.

"Get well, my friend..." -cg.

No comments:

Post a Comment