22 February 2008

*Aircraft De-Icing @ SWF. Feb. 22, 2008.

I finally, finally got one...! Today, believe it or not, in all the messy weather & heavy wet snow, I followed my instincts & headed back to Stewart International Airport (SWF) early this morning here in our coverage area & made an image I've been wanting to make for more than 10 years or so. It's no secret that I have a thing for aviation, and this image about says it all for me in one simple frame, made with "slow" 300mm f/4. (not the "big-gun, mortgage-the-house" 300 f/2.8 sports lens...) Through the years I've seen other photographer's work on the wires and even local guys I know in NYC & other markets move similar images, but I just wanted one of my own... That's it.
Aircraft De-Icing. SWF. Feb. 2008
An Atlantic Aviation worker de-ices a jetBlue aircraft prior to departure at Stewart International Airport in New Windsor, NY on Friday, February 22, 2008. The season's latest snowstorm is expected to blanket the region with up to a foot of snow.

"Go (very) early. Stay late. Get the uniform dirty..." -cg.

No comments:

Post a Comment